Department Head: Jason Jones
Notice: All court costs and license fees are due and payable at the time fo filing. The Court Clerk's Office does NOT mail out renewal notices
- Age 18 & Over:
- Proof of age is required: State issued I.D., Birth Certificate (plus photo ID), or Passport.
- Age 16-18:
- Parental consent of either parent or guardian and birth certificate.
- Under 16:
- Marrige License can only be isued with an authorizing court order.
- There is no residency requirement.
- There is no blood test.
- Your license will be issued while you wait unless under 18 in which case there is a 72 hour waiting period from the date of application.
(The 72 hour waiting period can be waived by court order only)
- If divorced within the last 6 months, state law prohibits marriage to anyone but the former spouse.
- The license charge is $50. However
- If you present an original signed certificate of completetion of pre-marital counseling (showing at least 4 hours of counseling/education)
the fee is reduced to $5.00.
As of Nov. 1, 2018, alcoholic beverage permits issued by the Tulsa County Court Clerk are NOT VALID. A new license issued by the Oklahoma ABLE Commission is required. Licenses previously issued by the Tulsa County Clerk DO NOT have pro rata refunds.
Going Out of Business Sale
When a business is closing an inventory listing of merchandise to be sold during the event must be submitted at the time of filing the application to hold a “going out of business” sale.
- The filing fee is $169.14
- There is a 10 day waiting period from tim of filing until the sale may begin.
Private Process Server
In order to receive a license as a new process server an individual must:
- Secure a $5,000 bond for the new license
- Wait a 30 day posting period
- A first time applicant will be issued a 1 year license
- Every successive renewal thereafter will be issued for 3 years
- Applicants must bring two (2) copies of a 2"x2" photograph
- New license filing fee is $353.14
- Renewals are $219.14
- You will also be required to publish a notice within 10 days of application. There is a $35.00 fee.
A license is requried to operate a pool hall. The filing fee for a pool hall license is $169.14.
Transient Merchant License:
A license is required to do business as a merchant who only temporarily will operate on the street and not in a permanent building in Tulsa County.
This is called a transient merchant license and the fee is $169.14.
Victim Protective Orders
- In order to request a protective order against someone, that person must have stalked, harassed, committed an act of physical harm,
made the threat of physical harm to you, and you must have filed a complaint with law enforcement.
- Either you or the person you are seeking protection from must live in Tulsa County, or the act you are seeking protection for occurred in Tulsa County.
- If the person you are seeking relief from is a family member, a former family member, they are or were your significant other or you shared the same household;
the paperwork may be completed at the Domestic Violence Intervention Service Family Safety Center.
- The center is located in the basement of the Tulsa Police Headquarters Building at 600 Civic Center adjacent to the Tulsa County Courthouse
- Protective orders to be filed against any other person must be completed on the 2nd Floor of the Tulsa County Courthouse in the Family Department.
- Generally all Paperwork must be completed whether at Family Safety Center or at the Counter by 3:30PM in order to be processed for a judge’s review that day.
- If you need to include a child or children on your petition for protection, you must be their parent or legal guardian. They must be under the age of 18,
they must live with you and you must have legal custody.
- NOTE a protective order will not determine custody of a child or children
- There is no money due at the time of filing of an emergency protective order.
Some of the forms you will need are available here: Protective Order Forms.
- NOTE: There will be additional forms for you to fill out when you come in that are not referenced here.
- DO NOT SIGN your paperwork unless you are in front of an official of the Safety Center or the Court Clerk's office.
- The first and last name of the person you are seeking protection from and as much personally identifying information as you can provide, including current residence or work address.
- The protective order must be personally served by a law enforcement officer.
Helpful Phone Numbers
- You may select an attorney who will prepare all of your paper work, file it with our office and then represent you in any legal proceedings.
- If you and your spouse can agree on terms you may file an uncontested divorce yourself (pro se). This is possible whether or not you have minor children.
The Court Clerk’s Office does NOT maintain the forms that are needed for uncontested pro-se divorce.
You may contact a paralegal service or contact one of the forms preparation services that are available both locally and online
- Divorce without Minor Children: $242.14
- Divorce with Minor Children: $242.14
- Paternity: $242.14
- Out of County (Foreign Filing): $144.14
- Sheriff Service of Process: $50.00
- Certified Mail Service of Process: $10.00
- Summons: $10.00