Tulsa County Court Clerk Don Newberry

Domestic and License

Department Head: Jason Jones

  • Filing fees must be paid at the time of filing.
  • Requirements for filing an uncontested (waiver) divorce: 3-Petitions, 3-Entry of Appearance and Waiver, 3-Decrees of Dissolution of Marriage.
  • There are no forms available in the family relations division. Forms may be obtained from an attorney or other public sources within Tulsa County.
  • Waivers must have been signed, acknowledged, and filed at least one (1) day after filing the Petition.
  • By law, those performing marriage ceremonies in the State of Oklahoma must record their credentials with the Court Clerk's Office. Ministers who live outside Oklahoma who desire to perform a marriage ceremony in our State also must file their credentials with the Court Clerk prior to conducting the service.
  • Certified copies of marriage licenses are available for $1.50.

Suits seeking the following types of relief are sought in the Domestic Division: Divorce, Annulments, Separate Maintenance, Domestic Abuse Protective Orders, Child Support, Paternity Suits, Domestic Habeas Corpus, Registration of Foreign Judgments, Modifications of Decrees, and Termination of Parental Rights. Various Licenses are also handled: Marriage, Beverage (beer), Pool Hall, Private Process Servers, Closing Out of Business Sales, Transient Merchant, and Ministers Credentials. In 2016 this division processed 9,411 cases and 6,112 licenses.