Department Head: Carolyn Parks
- Small claims suits may be brought for amounts in controversy not exceeding $10,000.
- Forms to initiate a small claims action are available in the court clerk's office.
- Filing fees must be paid at the time of filing.
- Small claims cases are set for hearing no more than 60 days after filing.
- Eviction Cases can be set as soon as 10 days after filing.
- Forcible Entry & Detainer (FED or eviction) less than $5,000: $58, plus service fee
- Forcible Entry & Detainer (FED or eviction) greater than $5,000: $144.14 plus service fee
- Indebtedness less than $5,000: $58, plus service
- Indebtedness greater than $5,000: $209.14, plus service
An attorney is not necessary for parties to initiate a small claims suit and process through court to judgment.
Forms and directions on completing them, are available in this department.
Court Appearance Schedule
If you have initiated a small claims action as either an eviction or a lawsuit, you should appear in court on your scheduled date whether or not the defendant has been served.
- The Small Claims docket is called at
- The FE (eviction) docket is called at