Tulsa County Court Clerk Don Newberry

Family Department

Department Head: Jason Jones


Notice: All court costs and license fees are due and payable at the time fo filing. The Court Clerk's Office does NOT mail out renewal notices

Marriage License:

Age 18 & Over:
Proof of age is required: State issued I.D., Birth Certificate (plus photo ID), or Passport.
Age 16-18:
Parental consent of either parent or guardian and birth certificate.
Under 16:
Marriage License can only be issued with an authorizing court order.

Other Requirements:

  • There is no residency requirement.
  • There is no blood test.
  • Your license will be issued while you wait unless under 18 in which case there is a 72 hour waiting period from the date of application. (The 72 hour waiting period can be waived by court order only)
  • If divorced within the last 6 months, state law prohibits marriage to anyone but the former spouse.
  • Must bring a government issued photo I.D. to establish Identity.
  • Both applicants must appear in person together.


  • The license charge is $50. However
  • If you present an original signed certificate of completion of pre-marital counseling (showing at least 4 hours of counseling/education) the fee is reduced to $5.00.

Ministers Registrations

There is no longer a requirement for an officiant to come to the courthouse and register their credentials. When the officiant signs the marriage license they are certifying that they have the credentials or authority to perform marriages. There is no documentation of this required nor is the officiant any longer required to enter a book and page number where their credentials are recorded.

Beverage Permits:

All licenses for the sale of any type of alcoholic beverage are issued by the Oklahoma A.B.L.E Commission. License application information can be found on the A.B.L.E Commission website.

Going Out of Business Sale

When a business is closing an inventory listing of merchandise to be sold during the event must be submitted at the time of filing the application to hold a “going out of business” sale.

  • The filing fee is $179.14
  • There is a 10 day waiting period from time of filing until the sale may begin.

Private Process Server

In order to receive a license as a new process server an individual must:

  • Secure a $5,000 bond for the new license
  • Wait a 30 day posting period
  • A first time applicant will be issued a 1 year license
  • Every successive renewal thereafter will be issued for 3 years
  • Applicants must bring two (2) copies of a 2"x2" photograph
  • New license filing fee is $364.14
  • Renewals are $229.14
  • You will also be required to publish a notice within 10 days of application. There is a $35.00 fee.

Pool Hall:

A license is required to operate a pool hall. The filing fee for a pool hall license is $219.14.

Transient Merchant License:

A license is required to do business as a merchant who only temporarily will operate on the street and not in a permanent building in Tulsa County. This is called a transient merchant license and the fee is $179.14.

Victim Protective Orders

  • In order to request a protective order against someone, that person must have stalked, harassed, committed an act of physical harm, made the threat of physical harm to you, and you must have filed a complaint with law enforcement.
  • Either you or the person you are seeking protection from must live in Tulsa County, or the act you are seeking protection for occurred in Tulsa County.
  • If the person you are seeking relief from is a family member, a former family member, they are or were your significant other or you shared the same household; the paperwork may be completed at the Family Safety Center.
  • The center is located in the basement of the Tulsa Police Headquarters Building at 600 Civic Center at Street Level adjacent to the Tulsa County Courthouse.
  • Protective orders to be filed against any other person must be completed on the 2nd Floor of the Tulsa County Courthouse in the Family Department.
  • ONLY the victim will be admitted to the Family Safety Center. Supporting persons and children should not accompany her/him to the FSC. All entrants will be required to wear a face mask, submit to temperature check and brief COVID exposure survey to gain entry into the Municipal Court Building and the FSC.
  • Generally all paperwork must be completed whether at Family Safety Center or at the Counter by 2:30PM in order to be processed for a judge’s review that day.
  • If you need to include a child or children on your petition for protection, you must be their parent or legal guardian. They must be under the age of 18, they must live with you and you must have legal custody.
  • NOTE a protective order will not determine custody of a child or children.
  • There is no money due at the time of filing of an emergency protective order.

Some of the forms you will need are available here: Protective Order Forms.

  • NOTE: There will be additional forms for you to fill out when you come in that are not referenced here.
  • DO NOT SIGN your paperwork unless you are in front of an official of the Safety Center or the Court Clerk's office.

Information Needed

  • The first and last name of the person you are seeking protection from and as much personally identifying information as you can provide, including current residence or work address.
  • The protective order must be personally served by a law enforcement officer.

Helpful Phone Numbers


  • You may select an attorney who will prepare all of your paper work, file it with our office and then represent you in any legal proceedings.
  • If you and your spouse can agree on terms you may file an uncontested divorce yourself (pro se). This is possible whether or not you have minor children.

The Court Clerk’s Office does NOT maintain the forms that are needed for uncontested pro-se divorce. You may contact a paralegal service or contact one of the forms preparation services that are available both locally and online

Pro Se Divorce Filing Fees

  • Divorce without Minor Children: $154.14 - $252.14
  • Divorce with Minor Children: $252.14
  • Paternity: $252.14
  • Out of County (Foreign Filing): $154.14 - $252.14
  • Sheriff Service of Process: $50.00
  • Certified Mail Service of Process: $10.00
  • Summons: $10.00